Thursday, March 7, 2019

Flip book



I chose to draw my flip book on one of what used to be, my favorite book series, City of Bones by Cassandra Claire. The book follows a young girl who discovers that she is a shadowhunter, which is a warrior that fights demons. Other than the basis of the story, there's a lot of interesting symbols, or what the book calls "runes", which have different meanings and powers. For my flip book, I wanted to pick a rune, and make the story off of what that rune meant. What's interesting about these runes, is that their meaning can be very broad, so it really makes you play with your own imagination. I decided to go with the rune that stands for "creation". 

The story starts off with a cube that grows larger and larger, then it shrinks, and forms into the actual "creation" rune, which then turns into a sun, which makes a flower grow. The idea is to imagine a continuous creations of things, where one thing turns into another, or one thing creates another thing. 








No comments:

Post a Comment