Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Video Art Piece




For my video art piece I wanted to create something out of the sounds I absolutely hate. I've always had a sort of phobia for loud eating sounds, or smacking sounds. Basically any loud cracking sound makes me feel uncomfortable. With that I thought about footsteps, and how the sound of walking depends on things like what kind of shoes you're wearing and what you are walking on. Then I thought, what if I just combine a various amount of walking sounds and try to blend them together.

I couldn't match the sound with the footsteps only because I wanted to speed up the video to be able to show as many locations as possible. I also sped up the sound of the footsteps, which I recorded separately. It's quite interesting that in the middle of the video the footsteps start to blend together and you hear one over the others, even though I matched the volume for each sound. The single footstep sound heard in the beginning is playing throughout the entire video, however it sort of disappears with the other footstep sounds. I made three different tapping sounds to create a rhythm to the piece, also to see if it would blend in with the other sounds. I would have wanted the video to run more smoothly, but I couldn't figure out how to put all the images together without just having them one after the other. I also thought about putting them transparently over each other, but there was just too many videos to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment