Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Angel de Quinta's blog Response



Angel de Quinta’s blog had many different Broadway show videos, all very interesting and fun to watch.  I’ve always wanted to go to a Broadway show in New York but I just never got to it. Watching these videos made me even more intrigued to go see a Broadway show, or any live show for that matter! I had the pleasure of seeing Les Misérables in London a couple of years ago when it was playing in the O2 Arena and it was completely mesmerizing. One show that I would love to see live after going through this blog is The Color Purple. I've seen the film many times and I've even heard about the Broadway show, but this was the first time I actually saw it performed on stage. Just the trailer for the Broadway show was so powerful, and so was the beautiful duet between Cynthia Erivo and Jennifer Hudson. There's so much to the choreography and music that makes the show feel the way that it is. A broadway show requires more "obvious" acting, where the actors express themselves very clearly in their movements and lines. However, it doesn't feel like the acting is being overdone, instead it makes the characters and the story feel more real. 

Another video that stood out to me was Bea Arthur singing the song “Fifty Percent” from a show called Ballroom. I’ve never heard about Ballroom before but the song made me interested to know more about it. "Fifty percent" is a love song, but it’s also very humorous, which makes you pay more attention to the words, as well as the performer.     


No comments:

Post a Comment